Dealing With Storm Damaged Trees
Despite the fact they’re usually considered as being solid and permanent, trees can certainly end up being vulnerable in extreme weather like storms & strong winds. Powerful storms and high winds have been seen to annihilate trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees from the soil, sending them plunging to the ground, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times soon after a storm have you heard about dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. In addition to the inconvenience and danger it also will result in costly repairs.
The most difficult decision after a storm isn’t specifically how to deal with the trees that are definitely down, that’s pretty easy. The tougher possibility is whether or not any of the trees still standing can be saved.
Certain trees that have been in part affected in the storm may pose a future threat and may need to be disassembled and took out to avoid putting people and property in danger in months or years in the future.
Other trees can be preserved by being pruned back, with their most damaged sections being ‘severed’ similar to how a surgeon would take off a gangrenous limb. Others might need to get staked with guy ropes or supported with various other supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree specialists can be trusted to get rid of the affected trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the construction crews easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged structures and power lines.
Call Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Different Sorts Of Storm Damage
All of these sorts of damage leads to a different outlook for the trees’ potential survival, however forming a prognosis is a task ideally entrusted to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is far more liable to miss a small detail that may differentiate one verdict from another, like finding the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that indicates that the roots also failed.
There are generally 6 types of storm damage that a tree can’t generally sustain:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the ground, making the crown to fall or to sag violently while the bottom section continues to be standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree tear below the ground, leading to the tree pitching or swinging significantly.
- Branch Failures – is where several limbs of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The entire crown basically becomes a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind flow in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, at the moment. Lightening strikes have a lot of secondary effects such as opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin and massive water loss, so a tree hit by lightening is typically at a much greater risk to drop despite the fact that it survived the original storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree specialists will not only remove upended trees correctly and with no more damage to buildings, but will additionally have the ability to give you practical suggestions on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, even though they may have been harmed in the storm. Our highly qualified crew can review the situation on your property and advise you which trees have gotten more than enough damage that they would die whether or not they were very carefully raised and replanted.
24 Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself in need of a local 24 hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will definitely be on site at the earliest possibility to analyse the scenario and advise you of any remedial solutions available.
If our experts can’t immediately eliminate the tree, we will at least restore a practical amount of access and return at the earliest opportunity to perform a safe and complete clearing of the fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even suitable for any accidents such as vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any unseen damages and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if required.
Tree Removal Service Manchester
Even on the floor, tree surgery calls for technical skill & experience, it’s a lot more complex than just using a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper competence, experience and equipment, you should not try one’s hand at tree surgery. If the tree fell as a result of damages, there may be further real dangers of some other falling limbs. Never risk your personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, phone your local Manchester tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any type of tree tasks contact us now.